An easy to use at home teeth whitening system that contains hydrogen peroxide, making them an effective way to brighten your smile. Just pop on your whitening strips for 1 hour a day to see instant results.
How they work?
Spotlight teeth whitening strips are the only European whitening strips to contain hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is the most effective active agent to whiten teeth. The colour of teeth is influenced by a combination of both the internal colour of our teeth and external staining that attaches to our teeth such as tea, coffee and red wine.
Hydrogen peroxide whitens teeth in two ways by...
1. Breaking down these complex stains and
2. Penetrating the top layer of the enamel which brightens the colour of this top layer of enamel.
* Tear open the foil packets to find a top strip and a bottom strip.
* Dry the teeth
* Place the whitening strip on the lower teeth first and then onto the teeth.
* Leave the strips in place for 60 minutes.
* After, remove the strips and rinse away any residual gel.
* Repeat every day for 2 weeks for your dazzling smile.
Created by Irish Dentists:
Lisa an Vanessa are general dentists working in Galway City. Their clinic Quay Dental focuses on cosmetic dentistry. Spotlight Whitening Strips were designed to provide and easy to use, reasonably priced whitening treatment in an effective way. With an indept knowledge into the science of whitening, a new formula was designed by Dr Lisa and Vanessa Creaven which include a small amount of peroxide to ensure effective results.
are very effective in maintaining healthy oral hygiene and for treating various dental related problems.
This is our guide of which Kin Care products to choose for particular oral hygiene area's.
Maintain Healthy Teeth and Gums
What is recommended to maintain healthy teeth and gums?
Kin B5 tooth paste and Kin B5 mouth wash.
Kin B5 is Formulated with a powerful combination of Cetylpyridinium Chloride 0.05%, Pro-Vitamin B5, Vitamin B3, Fluoride and Xylitol.
Treat Bad Breath
What is recommended to treat Bad Breathe with Kin Dental Range?
Use Kin Gingivital toothpaste and rinse with Kin Gingivital Mouth wash
Kin Gingivital Mouth wash contains Chlorhexidine 0.12% - A powerful antiseptic, perfect level for minimising staining whilst delivering full anti-bacterial effect.
Kin Gingival toothpaste and Kin Gingival mouthwash are both free from SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate).
Treat Teeth Staining
What is recommended to treat Stained teeth caused by food, drink, tobacco etc ?
Use Kin Whitening Toothpaste
Contains Sodium Bicarnonate (15%) which helps restore teeth natural colour and Sodium Fluoride with helps prevents tooth decay.
Treat Mouth Ulcers
What is recommended to treat Mouth Ulcers, Post surgery or periodontal treatment ?
Use PerioKin Gel ,alternative PerioKin Spray
PerioKin Gel is a precision antiseptic treatment with active ingredient Chlorhexidine Digluconate. PerioKin Gel is highly bioahesive - It stays exactly where you apply it and creates a seal to protect the area from further agitation.
Treat Sore or Bleeding Gums
What is recommended to treat Sensitive, Sore or bleeding gums, post periodontal treatment
Use Kin Care mouthwash with Aloe Vera
Kin Care Mouthwash contains aloe vera, pro-vitamin B5, vitamin B3 and betaine for regeneration, hydration and relief for sore, dry or inflammed oral areas.
In addition, Kin Care Mouthwash contains two antiseptics - Chlorhexidine Digluconate 0.05% and Cetylpyridium Chloride to prevent infection of damaged areas.
What products to use when wearing braces
What product is recommended to use when Using orthodontic braces ?
Use Ortho Kin Tooth-paste and Ortho Kin Mouth-wash
Formulated with a powerful combination of Cetylpyridium Chloride antiseptic, Pro-Vitamin B5, Vitamin E and Fluoride.
Pro-Vitamin B5 - Helps to reinforce epithelium and mucous membrance, providing comfort. Protects and revitalises gums, which can be vulnerable to inflammation during orthodontic treatment.
The menopause usually occurs between between 45 and 55 years of age. Menopause symptoms include hot flushes, insomnia and weight gain, loss of sex drive, mood swings, depression and changes to the appearance of the skin.
Declining oestrogen levels mean skin becomes thinner with more pronouced wrinkles such as those upper lip. Some women might experience stubborn breakouts or acne due to declining of certain hormones such as oestrogen which help regulate the sebaceous glands. This is furthur aggraved by the slowing down of the skins cell renewal process and results in loss of collagen and elastin combined with reduced volume (sebaceous fat) and bone skrinkage.
The severity of these symptoms will depend of UV exposure from childhood, generics, lifestyle as well as medication which will each have impact on the quality of skin.
We have 6 Useful Tips For Coping With The Menopause
1. Balance from Within & Get Physical!
Oestrogen deficiency during menapose causes a change in body composition with an increase in abdominal fat. This contributes to metabolic syndrome which increases the risk of cardiac disease and diabetes. Facial fat becomes thinner resulting in loss of volume. Balance your blood sugar levels with a combination of vegetables, wholegrains with lean protein foods including meat, fish, eggs, nuts, lentils and fibre. Cut down on caffein, sugar and alcohol and no smoking!
Keep moving! The decrease of hormonal levels means increased risk of osteoporosis. Daily exercise e.g. walking for at least 30 mins. Building in weight bearing exercise is essential to help strengthen bones. Exercise is also a great for beating depression and anxiety and boosting your libido.
Supplement your diet with a good core multivitamin e.g.Skin Vitality 1to ensure appropiate levels of Magnesium, Vitamin D to channel Calcium to the core of the bones ensure daily essential Omega 3 to help with dry skin, low mood and depression.
2. Supplement with Vitamin A & C Orally & Topically!
Wrinkles becomes prominent as your skin begins to sag and lose its elasticity. The skin will start to appear dull as already skin cell turover will be slowing down.
Supplement Vitamin A and C orally such as Skin Complete and topically e.g. Environ Youth Essentia Range, along with antioxidants to ensure firmer, younger looking skin. Having regular Vitamin A based treatments and gradually increasing the dosage can help encourage healthy skin cell production. Vitamin A thickens the skin, whilst stimulating natural mositurising factors. Vitamin C will suppost collagen production and help generate healthy skin cells.
3. Protect your skin with SPF with antioxidants!
Melanocytes, which are the cells that manufacture the pigment melanin, are also controlled by oestrogens. As menopause kicks in, melanocytes levels decline. As melanin decreases, areas of the skin become lighter and therefore more susceptible to sun damage. Years of sun exposure can result in solar lentigines. These brown "age spots" may start to appear on the face, neck, hands, arms and chest. Age spots can look flat with a black, brown or even grey colour.
Start using Vitamin A and Vitamin C cream topically to help skin looking healthy and protect your skin from the sun at all times and use Environ SPF RAD 15 cream with antioxidants. Antixodiants help protect your skin against the damaging effects of free radicals.
Notes: If you are concerned with very dark spots and spots that looks blotchy or are increasing in size, it is best to advise to visit your GP.
5. Use a Hydrating Oil Based Cleanser & Omega!
Dry skin happens as your skin ages because it fails to product natural oils partly due to decrease in hormone production. However, some might experience oily skin with the decline in oestrogen. Eliminate scrubs, harsh cleansers and facial brushes which strip the natural oils and discrupt the top layer (stratum corneum) of your skin which promoting transepidermal water loss.
Supplement Skin Omega+ which contains a good quality of omega 3 and 6 supplement with VItamin A to compensate for the decline in oils and nutrients.
6. Supplement with bio-identical hormone
Supplement with bio-identical hormone will reduce or eliminate the symptoms of menopause. Bio-identical hormones minic the structure of your own hormones. They are natural purified from plants and have not been manipulated for the purposes of patent applications.
Cleanmarine Menomin packed with super absorbing Omega 3 Phospholipids, plus Folate, Biotin, B Vitamins and Soy Isoflavones which will help to balance hormonal activity, maintain normal mucous membrane, as well as reduce tiredness and fatigue.
Combined with lifestyle and dietary changes, this can mean staying vital, strong and healthy (physically and mentally) as we go through the menapause and beyond.
Blackheads are usually found in areas that produce excess oil and have enlarged pores i.e nose, chin, back and they are normally grey/black in colour at the top due to oil oxidation with the air. When squeezed, blackheads are firm like a plug and are formed by excessive oil production in the skin.
Common cause could be due to not cleaning and exfoliating sufficiently, or doing so with an unsuitable skincare regime. These can include overly aggressive skincare products, such as harsh serums and over drying cleansers and exfoliators. Pores can become blocked and turn into blackheads if the right and correct skincare routine is not adhere to.
Tips on keeping your pores clear:
*Skin Accumax Capsules - A food supplement which contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and DIMs which will help normalise your hormonal level which will assists in balancing your sebum production and secretion results in normal, clearly, flawless and healthy skin.
* Environ Sebuprep Pre-Cleansing Oil - It an oil based cleanser contain salicylic acid and tea tree oil, which is essential for deep cleansing to help remove excess oil and environmental debris. Suitable for congested, oily and problem skin types
* Environ Sebuwash - A foaming gel cleanser contains salicylic acid and tea tree oil, that gently removes excess oils and environmental debris without drying your skin.
* Environ Sebutone - Its a medium strength toner containing lactic acid and salicylic as well as tea tree oil which will help smoothen the appearance of your skin and improve hydration.
* Environ Sebumasque - Its a clay based masque and contains salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and kaolin which helps to absorb excess surface oils and may also be used as micro-exfoliant. The Environ Sebumasque assists in improving the hydration of the skin.
* Environ AVST 1 Moisturiser - The first Vitamin A moisturiser in the Environ Vitamin A Step-Up Programme.It contains Retinyl Palmitate, Vitamin C and antioxidants. Vitamin A is the single most important nutrients you could use on your skin. It is required to rejunevate skin and keep it healthy. This ultimate above skin nutrients normalise sebum production, evens out skin tone, reduces pigmentation spots, thickens skin, reduces the effect of scarring, lessens line and wrinkles and gives a healthy, radiant glow..
* Environ RAD SPF 15 - Always protect your skin from UVA and UVB. Environ RAD SPF is can achieve superior protection against UVA and UVB because it contains 3 essential elements:
1. Antioxidants - help minimise UV Ray damage that penetrates sunscreen filters.
2. Low chemical sunscreen - which absorb the radiation from UV rays, neutralising their damaging effects.
3. Reflectants such Titanium Dioxide - which reflects rays and scatter energy causing them to "bounce" off the skin.
The good news is that you can keep your pores clear and appear less noticeable with the correct skincare regime!
According to statistics, men are times more likely to injure themselves playing sports than women and a fifth of adult injure themselves out playing sport and leave the injury untreated. Most common sport injuries are backache (15%), muscle strains (9%), muscle inflammation (7%), neck ache (6%).
Most sprains and strains can usualy be treated with PRICE technique - Protection, Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation and should usually improve within 6 to 8 weeks. However, leaving an injury untreated can lead to long-term, serious implications.
We have 5 tips on how to treat and manage sport injuries:
1. Rest and Elevation! Take a break from the activity that may be causing the injury. Elevate the injured area at or above the level of your heart to help reduce swelling.
2. Use cold/freeze products for the first 72 hours to help reduce swelling and inflammation and only when then period is over, the injury should be heated in order to help increase the blood flow to the affected area bringing oxygen, proteins and other nutrients to help promote healing.
3. Compression! Use elastic bandages on the first 24 to 48 hours after an injury. This wall of the veins will constrict under compression which will assist in increase the velocity of clood flow through injured area, speed up the recovery process and decrease muscle soreness.
4. Topical analgesics! Topical analgesics e.g. Voltarol Gel, Diclac Gel contain the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) work to relieve pain and reduce inflammation on the affected injured area. Their formulation helps the gel to penetrate deeply into the skin to enhance delivey to the site of pain without the side effects of stomach irritation.
5. Take sport supplement e.g. Pro-Vitality along with a healthy balanced diet with plenty of fluid! Exercise put added strains on the body, such as the immnue system, muscles and heart. Pro-Vitality contains broad-spectrum multivitamins & minerals, Omega-3 farry acids with powderful anti-oxidants will help in boosting performance and recovery, and helping them avoid injury.
January is a great time to make a change to lifestyle. Instead of trying to detox, simply try "No-Tox" giving your body fewer toxins to deal with e.g. having a regular meals daily, a balanced mix of protein with fruit and vegetables, good fat intake and minimising or eliminating excess carbohydrates and sugar.
1. Reduce toxins by minimising the daily intake of processed foods, sugar, caffeinated drinks and alcohol. Eat regular meals with plenty of vegetables and moderate fruits as well as raw seeds, nuts and oily fish. They contain powerful antioxidants which will support the natural detocification processes.
2. Give up smoking! Tobacco smoke contains 7000 chemicals! The tar sticks to clothes, skin and insides the lungs. Cigarette smoking depletes many nutrients, including Vitamin C, which helps protect and repair you cells in your body.
3. Keep hydrated with plenty of fluids e.g water or herbal tea! Avoid fruit juice due to their hidden sugar content that may spike up your blood sugar levels! Get a blender to make a smoothie as this retains the vegetables and fruit fibre as well as the key nutrients.
4. Supplement yourself with Skin Vitality 2 or Pro-Vitality Formulato help your body detoxifying process. These conveniently blister strips containing a broad spectrum multi-vitamins, powerful antioxidants, omega 3 & 6 fatty acids for radiant skin and healthy hair as well as helping support healthy heart, muscles, bones and energy levels.
5. Keep moving! Aim for 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity e.g. cyling.brisk walking every as well as strength exercises on two/more days a week. These will work all the major muscles. Sweating is a natural way of eliminating toxins from the body.
6. Sleep! It is important to ensure that you have 7 to 9 hours sleep per day. Sleep is one of the most important factors for successful ageing as well as healing and repair of your heart and blood vessels so its important that you get enough!
The dangers of detox diet can lead to muscle loss, fatigue and irritability. A change to a healthy diet with some exercise will help reduce the development of bowel disease, heart disease, diabetes and strokes.
Antioxidants mop up free radicals generated in the skin from UV exposure which will minimise the damaging effects on the DNA cells.
Taking Vitamin A and antioxidant supplement will repair and protect your skin from the inside out.
2. Chemical sunscreen - Environ RAD SPF 15
Chemical sunscreens absorb the radiation from UV rays, neutralising their damaging effects.
Reseach has shown that high SPF can be harmful when left on the skin*.
Chemical sunscreens are only effective for 2 to 3 hours after application. You need to apply and reapply regularly . The reason being chemical sunscreen absorb UV during those hours but once they stop working they turn into free radicals which react with DNA cells which can contribute to increase risk of ageing and also skin cancer.
Environ RAD SPF 15 is a safe and superior sun protection for all ages including babies over 6 months because its contains low chemical sunscreen and formulation with a combination of antioxidant vitamins and reflectants.
What's a reflectants? Reflectants reflect rays and scatter energy causing them to "bounce" off the skin. Environ RAD SPF 15 and some Jane Iredale products such as Jane Iredale Powder-Me SPF Dry Sunscreen contains Titanium Dioxide which has the effect of reflecting UV rays thereby protecting your skin.
* Sources: Kerry Hanson, Riverside Study, University of California. British Association of dermatologists (BAD)
those with a long term medical condition such as diabetes. heart, kidney, lung or neurological disease
people whose immune system is impaired due to disease or treatment
persons with a Body Mass Index (BMI) over 40
pregnant women (at any stage in pregnancy)
residents of nursing homes and other long stay institutions
people with regular close contact with poultry, water fowl or pigs
health care workers
Some Flu facts you may not know.... Flu Season lasts from Oct - April. Strains of the flu virus change every year. It takes 10-14 days for vaccine to take effect. The Vaccine helps produce antibodies to fight the flu. Over 62,000 people availed of the flu vaccine in community pharmacies across Ireland in 2015/2016, an increase of 22% on the previous year.