Always use Cortopin 1% w/w Cream exactly as instructed in this leaflet. If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
Not for use by children under 12 years of age without medical advice.
For application to the surface of the skin only:
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before use.
2. Apply the cream sparingly to the affected area, once or twice a day for a maximum of 7 days. Massage the cream gently into the affected area to help absorption into the skin.
3. Once applied, do not cover the area with a dressing or plaster.
If the condition has not improved after 7 days, or worsens, consult your doctor.
Do not use Cortopin 1% w/w Cream:
• if you are allergic to hydrocortisone or to any of the other ingredients of Cortopin 1% w/w Cream
• if you have a bacterial infection (e.g. impetigo), viral infection (e.g. cold sores ‘herpes simplex’, chicken pox) or fungal infection (e.g. tinea, also called ‘athlete’s foot’, ringworm or thrush) of the skin.
• on your face or near your eyes, on the anal or genital region, or on broken skin.
Take special care with Cortopin 1% w/w Cream Cortopin 1% w/w Cream is not suitable for use in the following
* allergic skin reactions including temporary red or raised areas on your skin (short lived ‘wheal and flare’ reactions)
* conditions involving the deeper skin layers, such as granulomas
* psoriasis (long term scaly skin condition); only use this product on medical advice and with careful supervision by your doctor.
Do not cover the area with a plaster or dressing of any kind after application of Cortopin 1% w/w Cream.
Take great care to apply the cream sparingly to the skin of children. Covering the treated area can increase absorption.
Do not apply the product to your face for long periods of time.
Please tell your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Tell your doctor if you are or may be pregnant. Ask your doctor for advice before taking any medicine during pregnancy. There is a very small risk of abnormalities in the unborn child if this product is used during pregnancy.
If you are breast-feeding, do not apply the product to your chest area.
for external use only.
The active substance is hydrocortisone and the cream contains 10 mg in every 1g (1%).
The other ingredients are Cetostearyl alcohol, chlorocresol, liquid paraffin, Macrogol cetostearyl ether, white soft paraffin and purified water
Cortopin 1% w/w Cream contains
•chlorocresol - may cause allergic reactions
•cetostearyl alcohol - may cause local skin reactions (e.g. contact dermatitis).
We have been authorized by the Pharmaceutical Society Ireland (PSI) to supply Pharmacy only non-prescription medicines and 'General Sale Medicines' within the European Union.
For Reference of Latest List of General Sales Medicines refer to https://www.hpra.ie/homepage/medicines/medicines-information/find-a-medicine
Contact details for the PSI: i.e. Telephone: 01 218 4000, Address: PSI House, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Email Address:
A record of each transaction will be retained for a period of 2 years.
There are yet no reviews for this product.